The Light of The Lord
There was nothing but void, darkness, and……………. God.
1. God the Father – the creator of Heavens and Earth
2. God the Son – 1 john says – On the beginning was the Word, Jesus Christ, and the He was with God – and He was God.
3. God the Spirit – The Bible says “And the Spirit of God was hovering”
And on the 1st Day - God said, "Let there be light," ….…and there was light.
· …And seeing that the light was good, God separated the light from the darkness.
· and even today and forever - what God brings together no man can separate.
Some 4 thousand Years later – God Sent his Son to be the light in the world. To be the savior for all mankind.
· …and In 2 Corinthians 4:6 – the Bible says that the God, who said, "Let light shine out of darkness," also made His light shine in our hearts –
· of the glory of God - in the face of Jesus Christ.
There are at least 3 things we should notice here.
1. God is All Powerful - He spoke, and life came to be.
a. He created everything – stars, moon, mountains, sees – you and me.
b. His power runs like electricity through each of us.
c. “If He is for who than no one can be against us.” (Romans)
2. His Glory Comes through Jesus Christ.
a. 1 Tim 2:5 - there is one mediator between God and men, the man Christ Jesus
b. He became Flesh – lived perfectly amongst us – payed the ultimate sacrifice on the cross – a debt he did not have to pay but chose to pay so that -all who believe in him could have eternal life – rose on the third day fulfilling over 300 prophesies and proving that his is the Messiah – and the only way to the father in heaven above.
c. He is the Way – He is the Truth – He is The Life
3. & His Truth is alive in the hearts of every believer today.
a. “For God so loved the world, that he gave his only Son, that whoever believes in him should not perish but have eternal life.”
b. Because, if you confess with your mouth that Jesus is Lord and believe in your heart that God raised him from the dead, you will be saved.
c. it is no longer I that live, but Christ liveth in me (Gal 2:20)
d. Through Christ I can do all things (Phil 4:13)
The world is a dark place – my friends. - But the God who loves you – has provided a light.
· The Psalms says that – His word is a lamp to our feet and a light to our path.
Have you ever turned a light on in a dark room.
- When the lights are off we struggle to find our way – or we even stub or toe.
· Life is much the same way.
Think about it like this – For the light to work in our lives we need.
1. Electricity or power source – That is God.
2. A cord or connection / or a mediator to that source – Which we have in Jesus Christ.
3. A lamp - and it needs to be tuned on. – That is us.
God offers us the light inside– and ask us to be His light in the world.
- Jesus talked about this in the “Sermon on the Mount”
– He gave as the example of a Christian life, the model prayer, and directed us to be
– 14 “the light of the world, letting oour light shine before others, for the Glory of our Father in heaven.
Ø If you don’t know the Power of God – today could be the day to see the light. This could be your day.
If you have not been plugged in to a church community, or baptized into the way and the life of Jesus Christ – who promises to save you, and to never leave you – e- this could be your day.
Ø If you know Jesus Christ as your lord and savior but maybe it has been a while since you your had the switch turned on, or maybe you have a dimmer switch but its been set to low, and you are ready to turn up – and put something dark in your life behind you and take a step down a brighter path. Today could be your day to shine!
As Isaiah 60 says, "RISE AND SHINE, FOR THE GLORY OF THE LORD HAS RISEN UPON THEE!"